Can your hobby increase your productivity?
If you don’t have a hobby yet, you may be wondering why people spend so much time and effort on hobbies. Some will say cooking is my hobby, some will say my hobby is gardening, some will say my hobby is painting, some will say sewing or embroidering different designs on clothes. Actually, a hobby is a means of cultivating your culture and creativity.
How to increase your productivity
Our aim is to prove that hobbies will actually help you increase your productivity. Interested in knowing how? Let’s move on to the basics and list what you really need to do to get the most out of your productivity:
- Be enthusiastic about what you are doing.
- Self-esteem when performing a task and a sense of accomplishment after completing it.
- Consistently focus on a specific task for a certain period of time and stick to that.
- If you need solitude to perform any kind of work, perform it in a secluded place.
- If you are in a group, work with everyone.
- Learn or do some practical things that are necessary or useful.
- React when something bad happens and try to overcome it.
- Follow a routine.
If you follow these, your hobby will help you improve your performance:
Develop vision and determination
That being said, willpower can be compared to a muscle: the more you use it, the stronger it will be and the easier it will be for you to use it. You can also benefit from it in other areas of your life. Since you are very interested in seeing the result of your achievement, put more pressure on yourself to do better.
Isolation from materialism
Since financial gain is not a reason to engage in any of your hobbies, you enjoy the activities that you do as a hobby from beginning to end. It helps to develop the concept of work which not only leads to the final result but also takes you to a much higher level which you will enjoy.
Expand your creativity
A hobby can give you the opportunity to discover some extraordinary, hidden, special talent. Remember, not all creativity is related to art. Solving any problem can also be a creative process. You’ve probably heard that an amazing intellect changed someone’s career, and that intellect came when he was probably busy with something else. A hobby does not put any stress on your brain, which keeps your mind steady and makes you energetic.
Use time wisely
It is easier to succeed when a task is centered on a specific time and a certain discipline is followed. For this reason, divide the time before doing any work.
A way to build family ties
When you spend your hard time with family, get involved in any of your hobbies, it will give you peace of mind. Or at least stay away from things that you don’t like or don’t mind.
Hobby selection in an Islamic way
Productive work means that you are using your time for good and useful work. It’s up to you to decide if you’re making the best use of your time, but here are some basic guidelines you can follow to choose your hobby:
- Choose a halal activity.
- It should be an activity that does not take you away from the commandments of Allah or obstruct the way to obey the commandments.
- It is better if it is something that is useful both in this world and in the Hereafter, or at least in this world.
- The hobby should remind you of Allah’s blessings.
- When you get any productive result from it.
- It will give you peace.
- Best utilization of your spare time.
- It will be affordable; Which will not put pressure on you.
Find activities or ideas like this.