Celebrate Ramadan with the Goodness of Tea-Infused Dishes
Water and dates are the most common meal pairings we have during Sahur (suhoor) meals. There are many views on caffeine intake while fasting, but if you wish to still drink tea during Ramadan, why not try Dilmah Tea?
Dilmah’s fresh teas are rich in antioxidants which can strengthen your immune system and protect your body from diseases, preparing you for the fasting period. Their products contain the right amount of caffeine to energize the system for long fasting hours. The newly introduced tea infusions are caffeine-free which enables consumption after fasting and contains digestive properties to help keep the digestive system healthy.
Here are some recipes to delicious desserts you can cook up that’s infused with Dilmah tea!
DILMAH EARL GREY BANANA TEA SHAKE
- 4g Dilmah Exceptional Elegant Earl Grey
- 2 teaspoons plain yoghurt
- 50ml sugar syrup
- ½ a banana
- Brew Elegant Earl Grey Tea in 150ml of water for 5 minutes.
- Strain and extract 100ml of brewed tea. Pour into a Collins Glass.
- Add the plain yoghurt, sugar syrup, and banana and blend.
- Top off with a few cubes of ice.
DILMAH EXCEPTIONAL ELEGANT EARL GREY INFUSED CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
- 2/3 cup (160ml) thickened cream
- 40g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons loose Dilmah Exceptional Elegant Earl Grey tea leaves (or Earl Grey from Dilmah t-series or Vivid ranges)
- 170g fine-qualitt bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), finely chopped
- 100g feuilletine
- Murray River pink salt, to decorate
- Combine the cream and butter in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to the boil, remove from heat.
- Add the Dilmah Earyl Grey tea leaves and stir to combine, set aside for 5 minutes to infuse.
- Place the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl.
- Pour hot cream through a fine sieve over the chocolate, pressing with the back of a spoon to squeeze as much cream as possible through.
- Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until firm.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place the feuilletine and crushed Earl Grey tea leaves in a bowl.
- Roll a teaspoon of chocolate mixture into balls and roll in the feuilletine & Earl Grey tea mix to coat.
- Place on the lined tray and repeat with remaining chocolate mixture.
- Top truffles with pink salt to serve.
OMANI DATES WITH SPICY CHOCOLATE GANACHE
(To be paired with Valley of Kings Ceylon Pekoe hot tea or Rose with French Vanilla Tea Faluda)
- 500ml cream
- 3 bird’s eye chilli
- 600g chocolate
- 200g chocolate
- 100g feuilletine
- 50g nougat paste
Spicy Chocolate Ganache
- Boil cream with chilli and remove from the fire.
- Add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts.
- Cool down and portion into desired shapes.
- Mix together all the ingredients and roll into sheets.
- Cut into desired shapes.