Introduce the love of Ahl al-Bayt in your children
The Ahl al-Bayt are the Godly ones of the Family of our beloved Prophet (PBUH) whom a true Muslim must acknowledge as the pious personalities and holds them as the Holy ones purified by Allah himself.
There are several views among the Islamic scholars regarding the definition of Ahl al-Bayt. A few of them said that the members of our beloved Prophet (PBUH), his wives, children, Banu Haashim, Banu al-Muttalib, and their freed followers. Some said, his wives were not part of the Ahl al-Bayt.
With respect to the wives of the Prophet (PBUH), the rectified view is that they are also a part of the Ahl al-Bayt. This is because Allah says, after commanding the wives of the Prophet (PBUH) to observe hijab.
“And abide in your houses and do not display yourselves as [was] the display of the former times of ignorance. And establish prayer and give zakāh and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet’s] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification.” [33:33]
Moreover, the Holy Prophet said,
“As the stars in the sky is the Source of guidance to the travellers, The Holy Ones of my Ahlul Bayt ( The Twelve Imams) are The Source of Guidance for the people. And, as the stars will remain in the sky until The Day of Judgment, The earth will never be without a Divinely Guide from My Ahlul Bayt, That is an Imam”.
Maximum purity means to remain constantly away from all the reasons for sins and impurity. This is called the state of infallibility in Knowledge, character, and action. And it must be applied to the whole Ummah including our children.
How to instill the love of the Ahl al-Bayt in our children?
There are some honest and pious ways to inflict love on our children. A true Muslim parent must take care of that matter. It is not only a mother’s duty but also a father must take part in it. Remember, teaching your kid that the love of the Ahl al-Bayt leads to almighty Allah loving you.
1. In the conception period, the mother must eat Halal food and stop indulging in worldly sins. She must also be careful of what she sees or hears. And she must start the habit of reading the Qur’an wholeheartedly.
2. When your child grows up a bit, make the benefits of the love for Ahl al-Bayt known to him or her. Teach him or her why we need love and protection.
3. Show your appreciation for halal and Islamic acts in front of your kids. These will be considered as examples. But, don’t bribe them to follow certain behaviors.
4. Practice whatever you teach to your kids. And abstain from whatever you have said them not to do.
5. As your children grow up, they start to look for a role model in their lives. You should utilize this opportunity and make it the Ahl al-Bayt. One of the methods of the Qur’an for nurturing them is also by being the good role models to guide them to the right path.
6. Abstain from acts that may reduce the love of Ahl al-Bayt in your kids. You must create a meaningful and spiritual ambiance for your kid.
7. Make your children know about the things related to Ahl al-Bayt. For example, articles, books, and poems. You may read those to them. You can discuss honestly to instill the ideas in their head.
The Ahl al-Bayt carries as much importance in the eyes of Allah as the Holy Qur’an. Thus, it is piety for a true Muslim to introduce our children to the love of it.