Sweet Quesadillas for The Sweet Tooth
Who doesn’t love quesadillas? The combination of crispy toasted tortilla stuffed with gooey cheese, meat, vegetables and spices – it sure is mouthwatering.
Because food is so versatile, why limit quesadillas to savoury ingredients only? There are many ways we can turn quesadillas into delectable, sweet treats that are finger-licking-good. The possibilities are endless, but here are 2 recipes for you to try at home!
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE QUESADILLAS
- 250 grams of fresh strawberries, sliced
- Strawberry jam
- 250 grams of cream cheese, softened
- 50 grams of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 grams of confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 8 flour tortillas
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and confectioner’s sugar until smooth and creamy
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat, and lightly toast tortilla
- Spread cream cheese, covering half the surface and top with sliced strawberries
- Fold tortilla in half and toast on the other side
- In a bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mix over toasted tortillas
- Arrange on a serving plate, cut into half and layer with strawberry jam (amount up to preference)
Photo credit: countryliving.com / Pinterest
Recipe credit: Irma Mokhtazar
BANANA NUTELLA QUESADILLAS
If you’re into that banana and chocolatey goodness, this option is perfect for you. This recipe is taken from insidebrucrewlife.com.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 3-4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 1/3 cup Nutella spread
- 2 ripe bananas
- Cool Whip, thawed
- Spread butter on one side of each tortillas and sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar
- Flip the tortillas and spread the other side with Nutella. Top with banana slices on half of the tortilla.
- Fold each tortilla in half and place in a warm skillet. Toast each side until golden brown.
- Cut each tortilla in half and serve right away with Cool Whip, if desired!
Let your imagination run wild and go crazy with endless possibilities when it comes to sweet quesadillas! You can include marshmallows and chocolate to create s’mores, or experiment with peanut butter, banana and chocolate chips or even caramelized apple quesadillas topped with vanilla ice-cream!
Photo credit: Insidebrucrewlife / pinterest
Cover photo credit: cafedelites.com / pinterest